I was awarded the Liebster Blog Award by Natasha over at Day by Day back in (excuse me while I check) ... ahem, October. Thank you so very much for awarding me Natasha and I am very, very sorry for taking so long to complete the questions.
The rules -
1. You must post eleven facts about yourself.
2. You must also answer the eleven questions the awarder has given you and make up eleven questions for your awardees to answer in turn.
3. Tag eleven fellow bloggers.
4. Notify them that you've awarded them.
5. No tagging back.
6. And the eleven blogs you tag must have less than 200 followers.
Eleven facts about myself -
1. I love reading about the First World War.
2. A new favorite book is The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings.
3. I am an aspiring novelist.
4. I am currently working on the second draft of my 2010 NaNoWriMo novel.
5. Someday I want to write a series that take place during the First World War.
6. I am an avid book reader.
7. I love high heels.
8. I'm gluten free.
9. One of my life long favorite movies is Born Free (1966).
10. Someday I want to go to Africa.
11. I also want to go to Europe someday.
Natasha's Questions for Me -
1. Which is your favorite season? (spring/summer/fall/winter)
Fall. Definitely. It is sometimes nice, cold and crisp. It is sometimes warm and breezy. Or it's that beautiful mixture of the two.
2. Do you watch more British TV shows or American?
That actually depends on whether or not you're talking about modern TV shows or old TV shows (1950s - 1970s). I watch a lot of old American TV shows from the 50s and 60s (I Love Lucy, The Jack Benny Program, The Dick Van Dyke Show, and ect.). However, when it comes to modern shows I watch more British TV shows (BBC's Robin Hood, Lark Rise to Candleford, Doctor Who).
3. What's your everyday hairstyle? A ponytail, a braid, a bun?
I just simply wear it down most of the time. If I'm tired of it falling in my face I'll typically pull it back into a messy bun or low pig-tails.
4. Do you sew most of your own clothes or buy them?
Buy them. I have a number of sewn skirts, but the majority is store bought.
5. In what year did Columbus sail the ocean blue?
6. Favorite screen/literary couple?
Oh, hard one! For literary either Jeanne and Harry from In the Reign of Terror by G.A. Henty or Elsie and Mr. Travilla from The Elsie Dinsmore Series by Martha Finley. For screen either Marguerite and Percy from The Scarlet Pimpernel or Gabriel and Dorcas from Lark Rise to Candleford.
7. Which is your favorite/most read book of the Bible? (not including Psalms and Proverbs)
8. Your favorite TV show when you were a child?
I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, or Liberty Kids.
9. Least favorite vegetable?
10. Do you watch Marvel Superhero films? If so, which is your favorite superhero and why?
I haven't seen any of the Marvel Superhero films.
11. Do you think bow ties are cool?
Yes, bow ties are cool and they were cool before Doctor Who.
My Questions For the People I Tag -
1. What is currently your favorite song?
2. If one of your favorite books was being made into a movie; what book would it be? And who would you pick to play the main roles?
3. What is your favorite "winter" meal?
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
5. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
6. Who is your favorite historical figure?
7. Who are your favorite authors?
8. What are your favorite books?
9. If you had the chance to visit London, England for 24 hours, where would you try to go?
10. Book series are fun. What is your favorite book series?
11. What are your top five favorite fictional characters?
I Tag -
Maria Elisabeth from Miss Georgiana Darcy
Alexandra from Of Trims and Frills and Furbelows
I just discovered most blogs I follow have over 200 followers. Well, even if I did not award you, do feel free to answer some of the questions in the comment box. I would be more than delighted to read your answers.