Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Snippets From February

 Here are a few brief snippets I wrote during February. They are mostly from a western short story I have been working on.
___

“Then just walk away.”
“I can’t and you know that.”
“Then go, Holt. Ride out of town and don’t look back.”
from The Gunfighter

He nodded stiffly. “I’m sorry, Matt.” His voice hardened.
 “It’s alright. I guess ‘cause I never knew them, losing them ain’t never bothered me much.”
from The Gunfighter

“Just a moment, young man.” Mrs. Reilly’s voice had something impenetrable about it, like a brick wall.
from The Gunfighter

__

 Yesterday, I started reading Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon and had a difficult time putting it down when I had to head off to work. So far, it has been incredibly inspiring. And, I believe, it has successfully smashed the creative fog I have been stuck in for the past week.

 So, what have you been working on recently? Are there any good books you are currently reading or have recently finished?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really do appreciate it. I do have a few requests or rules: no profanity (let's keep things PG, people), no spam, and please keep your words kind. "If you can't say something nice, do not say anything at all." — Thumper in Bambi (1942)

If you do disagree with what I say, say it kindly and civilly. I will remove any comments that do not comply with any of these rules.