Thursday, March 15, 2012

Anne Week Tag

Yet Another Period Drama Blog

 Okay, originally I wasn't planning on participating in Miss Dashwood's Anne event, but when I read these tag questions over on her blog and then one of the bloggers I follow did them and I read them again decided to break down and participate. I think that the fact that my older sisters and I have recently converted our younger sister to Anne fanship, helps. Oh, how we love Anne!


1. How many of the Anne books have you read, and how many of the films have you seen?
 I have read the first three Anne books and will hopefully continue reading the series this summer. I have seen all three Anne films and love them all. *ducks* And I shall *ducks* defend *ducks* that statement *ducks*. Oh, and I've seen the 1934 black and white Anne movie starring Anne Shirley.


2. If someone yanked your hair and called you carrots, what would you do to him?

 Well, I'm not sure. If someone yanked my hair I would definitely tell him to stop it at once and hopefully I won't go so far as to break a slate over his head. Now as to calling me carrots, I would demand to know why on earth he was calling me carrots. My hair does not resemble red or even auburn in the least!


3. What would you do if Josie Pye dared you to walk the ridgepole of a roof?

 I don't think I would do it. She could call me a coward all she likes, but I do not wish to break my neck. I know I couldn't do and I admit that freely.


4. If you had the opportunity to play any AGG (I'm abbreviating from now on because I am a lazy typist) character in an AGG play, which role would you choose?

 First off I can't act, but if I could I might like to play Diana. I probably couldn't pull off Anne and would get stage fright in the lead role, but I'd probably get stage fright in a secondary role too.


5. If you were marooned on a desert island, which AGG character would you want to have as a companion? (Anne, Gilbert and Diana are not options.  Let's keep this thing interesting.  Not that they're not interesting.... oh, yay, now the disclaimer to this question is longer than the question itself.  Lovely lovely lovely.)

 Hmm, either Marilla or Matthew.


6. If there was going to be a new adaptation of the Anne books and you could have any part in making the movie, what would you choose to do? (screenwriting, acting, casting, costume-making are a few possibilities)

 First off I'd try to reconcile myself to the idea of someone besides Megan Follows playing Anne. Helping out with costume design might be kind of fun, only someone else had better do all sewing and figuring out how to make it. I'd be to terrified to try and do screenwriting for it. Adapting a book must be a terrifying task.


7. What are, in your opinion, the funniest AGG book/movie scenes? (choose one from the books and one from the movies)

 Hmm, the part in the first book with the cake Anne bakes for when the Reverend and Mrs. Allen visit is funny and so many other parts that have slipped my mind at the moment. In the movies it is a close call. Either the scene when Anne and Diana fall in the mud and are chasing Dolly in the 2nd Anne or Diana, Jane, and Ruby in the scene when Anne's 'drowning' in the 1st.


8. What are, in your opinion, the saddest AGG book/movie scenes? (choose one of each again)

 The scene that I thought was the saddest in the books was in Anne of the Island. When Anne and Ruby are talking a day or two before Ruby dies. I was almost in tears. I am particularly attached to Ruby, you see. In all the Anne reenactments my older sisters and I used to do I was always Ruby. Saddest scene in the movies it is most definitely when Matthew dies. *sniff*


9. Which AGG character would you most like to spend an afternoon with? (again, Anne and Gilbert and Diana are not options for this one--think secondary characters)

 Philippa Gordon, hands down. She was one of my favorite characters in Anne of the Island and she is such a dear you know!


10.  What is your definition of a kindred spirit?

 Someone who you connect with. They share similar tastes, beliefs, and you just get along really well. You both have your own individuality, but the essence of it is the same. And as Alexandra said in her answer to this question (you do not mind if I quote you, Alexandra, do you? We use the same term a lot in our house) you just "click".
_________________________

That was a lovely tag Miss Dashwood and I enjoyed it immensely! Thank you very much for creating it!


~ Hanne-col

1 comment :

  1. Thanks so much for participating in this! I loved your answers, especially the last one about kindred spirits. "You both have your own individuality, but the essence of it is the same." What a great definition!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really do appreciate it. I do have a few requests or rules: no profanity (let's keep things PG, people), no spam, and please keep your words kind. "If you can't say something nice, do not say anything at all." — Thumper in Bambi (1942)

If you do disagree with what I say, say it kindly and civilly. I will remove any comments that do not comply with any of these rules.