Monday, March 19, 2012

What's On? (1950s TV Shows)

 In the 1950s television became popular and movie stars began having their own shows. Jack Benny, Lucille Ball, Ozzie and Harriet Nelson, and Donna Reed had their own shows, but there was also a lovely TV show called What's My Line. In the show a panel had to try and guess what occupation their guests had. There would also be a mystery guest, usually a celebrity, who the panel would have to blindfold themselves for. Here are some of my favorites of both.

The Jack Benny Program - Guest Star Humphrey Bogart







The Jack Benny Program - Guest Star Ginger Rogers



What's My Line - Mystery Guest Debbie Reynolds



What's My Line - Mystery Guest Yul Brynner



What's My Line - Mystery Guest Fred Astaire



What's My Line - Mystery Guest Ronald Reagan



What's My Line - Mystery Guests Roy Rogers and Dale Evans



What's My Line - Mystery Guest Jack Benny



~ Hanne-col

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really do appreciate it. I do have a few requests or rules: no profanity (let's keep things PG, people), no spam, and please keep your words kind. "If you can't say something nice, do not say anything at all." — Thumper in Bambi (1942)

If you do disagree with what I say, say it kindly and civilly. I will remove any comments that do not comply with any of these rules.